What is Technorati? How it can be useful & How to add your blog
Technorati Claim: THDAB33XZXD6
Technorati.com is a popular blog search engine. It can be extremely effective because searches are focuses primarily on the blogosphere.
It is a good tool for avid blog readers and those with blogs. Readers can have a one stop search to find articles on their favorite topics. Technorati, which reach over 100 million users monthly, is useful for bloggers because it adds an additional reasource and opportuntiy for your blog to be found.
TweakYourLife recently signed up with Technorati and thought it would be fitting to write this article about how we went about adding our site to the large search engine.
How Technorati Works:
- Technorati for bloggers has a rating system that is based on linking behavior. It is called Technorati Authority
- Technorati Authority basically measure a blogs ranking in the blogosphere.
- Authority is decided based on a blog’s links and associated data over a certain period of time.
- Blog’s that has more outside links and data pointing to blog will fare better on Technorati Rank.
- Technorati Rank is how that individual blog compares to all sites that Technorati indexes.
- Long story short, the more links to your site, the more popular your site…The higher your rank. Seems pretty simple.
How To Add Your Blog To Technorati:
- Visit http://technorati.com
- Click on the Join link at the top of the site. (If you are already a member, then Sign In)
- Enter the required information.
- After submitting, an email will be instantly sent to you. Verify or confirm your account.
- Login and go to your account.
- Scroll down to ‘My claimed blogs’ and enter your blog URL and hit claim.
- Enter the required information and hit Join.
- An important claim token will be emailed to you. TweakYourLife’s claim token is “THDAB33XZXD6″. You will have to put your claim code within a new blog post for Technorati to verify. Or you can go to ‘Check Claim’ in your Technorati account to view the claim token.
- When the post is published, alert Technorati by clicking “Check Claim” in accounts, then click then “Verify Claim Token”.
- I recommend putting the code at the top of your blog post. (As we have done)
- Once you verify that you claim token has been added they will automatically crawl and check for the token. Once it is found your site will go under review for approval.